[casual_games] Game resolution

Ron lists at rzweb.com
Thu Apr 20 20:03:54 EDT 2006

Pretty much every downloadable casual game I've seen is 800x600 these
days.  Do people think going to 1024x768 would be a problem?

I realize that this might cause problems down the road for an in-browser
web version, etc, but ignore that for now.

Based on the stats I've seen, less than 1% of people are running with a
desktop less than 1024x768.  The only issue would be someone wanting to
play in windowed mode with a 1024x768 desktop.

Are games ready to make this jump?  What are the downsides?

Ron