[casual_games] Game resolution

Kenton White k.white at i2learning.com
Fri Apr 21 09:15:44 EDT 2006

Ron, before this week I would have agreed with you.  But then we made a few
phone calls to users - just to ask about how they like our game, any
problems they were having, and how we could improve.

I was absolutely floored when one user mentioned that they needed to change
the resolution of their monitor because our 800x600 sized window was TOO
LARGE!

I don't completely understand if this one user's experience is common.  My
first look into the problem brought me to understand that some people,
especially those with poorer eyesight, run their computers at lower screen
resolution to make the text bigger.  As experienced computer users we know
that there are other ways to make larger text, but our intended audience may
not.

Kenton