[casual_games] SDK splash screens in portal releases?

Hayden MIddlebrook middlebrookhayden at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 10:08:21 EDT 2006

very good question

Ben Lewis <BLewis at Yatecgames.com> wrote:        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Oddly enough, I haven’t seen this brought up anywhere.

  Most portals allow developers to keep their company’s splash screen on individual portal releases, but what about indie dev tool splash screens in portal releases? For example, developers who use the Torque Game Builder Indie license have to include GarageGames’ TGB splash screen in their games. Do most portals discourage leaving these in (instead just using the publisher/portal and maybe developer splashes)? Are developers forced to purchase the full-blown Commercial license just to get their games considered for portals?

  I can already predict some responses
 “If the dev team can’t afford commercial licenses in the first place, there’s no way they’ll have their games on portals anytime soon,” etc. Foregoing the obvious, does anyone have experience with this case? I’ve always wondered.

    Ben Lewis
  Yatec Games
  Marketing and Sales
  (225)274-1550