[casual_games] SDK splash screens in portal releases?

Ben Lewis BLewis at Yatecgames.com
Thu Aug 3 18:05:57 EDT 2006

Oddly enough, I haven't seen this brought up anywhere.

Most portals allow developers to keep their company's splash screen on
individual portal releases, but what about indie dev tool splash screens in
portal releases? For example, developers who use the Torque Game Builder
Indie license have to include GarageGames' TGB splash screen in their games.
Do most portals discourage leaving these in (instead just using the
publisher/portal and maybe developer splashes)? Are developers forced to
purchase the full-blown Commercial license just to get their games
considered for portals?

I can already predict some responses... "If the dev team can't afford
commercial licenses in the first place, there's no way they'll have their
games on portals anytime soon," etc. Foregoing the obvious, does anyone have
experience with this case? I've always wondered.

Ben Lewis

Yatec Games

Marketing and Sales

(225)274-1550