[casual_games] more cloning debate

Jamie Carlson jamiecarlson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:08:22 EDT 2006

>If I'm not mistaken, they can not port to other platforms due to the MS deal.
>
>They are locked into XLA for some time, if not forever.
>
>Ron

I find that hard to believe with Wik, Zuma, Marble Blast, Astro Pop,
etc. etc. all on XBLA...
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcadexbox360/default.htm

So are you saying the exclusivity only applies to games that had not
previously been released as PC downloadable titles?  Either way, if
the GW devs signed an XBOX360 exclusivity deal while all of these
other devs managed to retain their distribution rights, then we know
where the fault lies on that  (assuming that's the case, which again
I find hard to believe that they would do that without a pretty
significant "signing bonus" or advance against royalties).