[casual_games] more cloning debate

Clayton Kauzlaric claytonk at beepindustries.com
Thu Aug 17 13:16:41 EDT 2006

My guess is that Ron is correct. The key difference with most of the
other games you mention is that those IP's all had success before being
ported to XBLA. With those games it was more of a two way street -- MS
undoubtedly wanted known, popular casual games for XBLA, and the owners
of same wanted a new venue in which to sell them.

If GW was wholly funded as a first party title it is extremely likely
that Microsoft required complete (and permanent) exclusivity. I don't
know the specifics of Bizarre's deal, but I can say from experience that
exclusive content is a pretty big priority for the owner of a platform.