[casual_games] Conferences for Casual Games

Jónas Antonsson jonas at gogogic.com
Fri Aug 18 18:38:11 EDT 2006

Like I said, I'm just throwing this idea out there. All views and opinions
accepted and valid.

Of course we could make a virtual conference include all the nuances, the
boring and the bad things you mention - if we really don't want to leave
that out of the whole experience ;-) But I would see a virtual conference as
a way to cut the overhead. No desk, no crappy flight and only virtual
alcohol (although you could "bring your own", so to speak, if you wanted
to).

So I was thinking of something that could be accomplished in a single day
and could be viewed as a real conference but in a virtual setting where we
could use technology to come together, simplify things and cut down cost and
overhead.

This would, of course, never replace the big "real world" conferences but
this might be an effective supplement.

J#