[casual_games] Game development duration, any numbers?

Kevin Ryan kevin at topm.com
Mon Aug 28 12:13:21 EDT 2006

*Puzzle Poker* took about 4 1/2 months with the coder/designer on the
whole time and an artist working on it for 3 1/2 months.  It was built
using Torque Game Builder (TGB - the 2d engine).
-  www.topmeadow.com/puzzlePoker/index.php

*Minigolf Mania* is very close to going out the door and it has taken
over 3 1/2 years.  It has had one coder/designer (me) working on it for
stretches of that time - with an artist and another coder doing work
occasionally.  It uses the Torque Game Engine (TGE - the 3d engine).
-  www.topmeadow.com/minigolf
I don't if you can read much from the time it took since I was spending
big blocks of time in the hospital with my son during the development
which skewed development things quite a bit.
- www.topm.com/aidan

This one is pretty old and I don't know if it would count as a casual
game, but *The Incredible Machine* took 9 months to create with a two
man team using Dynamix's graphics library.

Kevin Ryan
Top Meadow
www.topmeadow.com