[casual_games] [design]Geometry Wars

Tim Turner tturner at cmpgames.com
Wed Dec 6 16:45:22 EST 2006

I think we need to stop trying to massage the term "casual games" into a
serviceable catch all. The business that is now "casual games" was once
"puzzle games" and instead of adding genre titles we attempted to create
this umbrella term. As our sophistication level increases doesn't it makes
sense to add classifications not increase the level of abstraction?

I think Adam makes a good point. GW's design implementation makes it a
"console based action casual" game and that needs to be held in mind when
comparing it to "casual downloadable PC puzzle" games.

_____