[casual_games] Dictionary File

James C. Smith james at reflexive.net
Wed Dec 13 18:35:39 EST 2006

Juan,

I recommend The Enhanced North American Benchmark LEexicon (ENABLE2K):
<http://personal.riverusers.com/~thegrendel/software.html>
http://personal.riverusers.com/~thegrendel/software.html When working on
BKW we researched this a lot and tried many different word lists and settled
on this one. Because BKW lets you use many wild cards to make very long
words, we supplemented the ENABLE2K with a few dozen very long words. We
also used a different source to determine which words are "common" to be
used by the hinting system as preferred words. And finally, we made our own
list of "naughty" words that should never be used as hints and in some cases
not even count as words. But even without those fin tuning elements, the
basic ENABLE2K lists is very good as is.

Here is a blurb from the credits file in Rig Kahuna Words

Uses the Enhanced North American Benchmark LEexicon word list (ENABLE2K).
Our thanks to its creators.

The Enhanced North American Benchmark LEexicon package provides a 173,000+
word standardized tournament-level master list, more carefully researched
than "official" and proprietary lists. It is not restricted to words of an
arbitrary length and it features all "official" updates. The ENABLE list has
been placed in the Public Domain and is both free and freely distributable.

James C. Smith

Producer / Lead Programmer

Reflexive Entertainment