[casual_games] If Vista is going to be such a problem...

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Fri Dec 22 01:13:17 EST 2006

ESRB doesn't actually load up and test anything. You submit a video tape of
gameplay to them. And ESRB charges you $400 to $2500 for the pleasure of
viewing the tape, what's the hourly rate on that? Their business model is
very simple, and there is no incentive whatsoever for them to make it any
cheaper or easier for us to pay that protection, er, I mean ratings fee.

The news that we may be able to get casual games treated at the $400 rate is
a good start. I'd like to see $250, especially as the 'gameplay' video for
Chess, for example, is going to pretty damn short and sweet.