[casual_games] PopCap developer needed urgently

Jeff Helfand jeff at nevadainteractive.com
Tue Feb 7 17:05:14 EST 2006

Nevada Interactive's student interns produced  Squirrel Squabble, a PC downloadable puzzle action game.  The game  won the 2005 IGF Student Showcase competition.  http://www.squirrelsquabble.com/

 Since this time, we have  been very busy creating an enormous amount of new art and animation for  the sole purpose of completing a new version of the game for the  downloadable market.  In fact, we have five distribution  agreements in place based on our demo.

 We also made a  critical decision last year.  This was to rebuild the game using  the new Torque 2D engine.  This just didn't work out for us.   While we believe the Torque 3D engine is a fantastic product, the  de-tuned 2D engine simply chews up way to many background  resources.  The result is a game that is unplayable on less  powerful machines.

 I realize that the Garage Game folks are a  vital leader in our community.  And I even hesitated to say what I  have.  This post is not meant to bash anyone.  I simply  needed to illustrate why we have a sudden critical need.

 We  have made a decision to rebuild the game on the PopCap platform.   Our need is for a developer who will join our small team and recode the  game utilizing all of our completed assets (graphics, animation, sounds  effects & music).  Payment is based upon shared  royalties.  The time frame is ridiculous.  We need to present  a working demo of our new version of Squirrel Squabble to Disney at the  GDC.

 So, if you are an insanely gifted programmer who wants  to join a team with a game that WILL reach the market, please contact  me a.s.a.p.  Clearly, you won't get much sleep.

 Again,  my apologies to Garage Games.  And just a note, I use their  products with great success at the University of Nevada for purposes of  teaching game development for our IGF competition teams.  http://www.cse.unr.edu/~jeff/

  I can be reached via email at jeff at nevadainteractive.com to set up a phone meeting.

  - Jeff Helfand
  NevadaInteractive.com