[casual_games] PopCap developer needed urgently

Josh Welber josh at largeanimal.com
Tue Feb 7 17:25:18 EST 2006

Jeff

    Hi - our studio is working actively with t2d -- and having quite good
results. However, I would point out that until recently the early adopter
release (1.0.2) engine has not really been ready for prime time. At
largeanimal, we ended up porting it up to work against tge1.4, and that
worked out well. GG is now releasing (about to release) a revamped version
(lots and lots of fixes and improvements) which is built against the TGE 1.4
core. It's a *much* better piece of tech. Before you switch over to pop-cap
(another great piece of tech, as well, but lighter weight), I would
recommend looking at the latest t2d release (it should be out this week) -
and also checking out how you are working with resources (there are several
gotchas when formatting resources too). It may be that the revised t2d would
fit your needs, and the "port" would be much simpler.
    If you are interested in pursuing this question off list, feel free to
email. Although we had to do some work to upgrade it, we have already
released a t2d based game- and it performs quite well on down to a Pentium
550mhz (a pretty low spec these days).

regards

-Josh

Josh Welber