[casual_games] Re: PopCap developer needed urgently

Jeff Helfand jeff at nevadainteractive.com
Wed Feb 8 13:18:18 EST 2006

I very much appreciate the feedback from all of you.

In regard to the file size, the new version of the
game built with T2D is only 12MB.  We're actually
working on new music tracks hand crafted in Midi
(seemed more appropriate for our art style and game
play).  This will save us a few more megs.

Also, we had considered Flash, however, for two
reasons, it just didn't make sense.

1. All of our sprites and backgrounds were created in
Photoshop.  Recreating them as vector graphics given
our time frame and resources is not an option.

2. The new version of the game has two new worlds and
nine different power ups.  The pace when reaching
those levels is much faster.  According to benchmarks
I have read, Flash will have performance issues.  It
is also mouse driven.  I could be wrong, but can't
risk it due to development time constraints.

The key for us...we are not rebuilding the original
game.  If that is what we needed for a demo, we would
have been done last year.

I have received quite a few emails and I really
appreciate the power and support of this list and
community.  I guess I had not really considered
collaborating with another studio, however, I am open
to that idea.  For us, it's not so much about the
money as it is getting our first title to market.

- Jeff