[casual_games] Re: PopCap developer needed urgently

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Wed Feb 8 13:32:09 EST 2006

I don't use Flash myself, but from what I know about it, I'd still think
it's a good option:

> 1. All of our sprites and backgrounds were created in
> Photoshop.  Recreating them as vector graphics given our time
> frame and resources is not an option.

Flash supports bitmaps. Just because the ideal format for this particular
style is vector graphics, and Flash handles that very well, doesn't mean
Flash should not be used.

> According to benchmarks I have read, Flash will
> have performance issues.

I didn't get a very high framerate with your current version - I actually
think Flash player 8, properly used, could easily outperform it.

>  It is also mouse driven.

What do you mean? Flash reads keys...

However, I don't know if Flash supports MIDI playback.

/Jonas