[casual_games] Re: PopCap developer needed urgently

Brandon Flowers brandon at designaxiom.com
Wed Feb 8 14:19:21 EST 2006

> 1. All of our sprites and backgrounds were created in
> Photoshop.  Recreating them as vector graphics given
> our time frame and resources is not an option.

not true -- flash can import jpg, png, gif, and even your photoshop
files.

as for your second point, there are lots of ways to optimize Flash's
performance but may it not live up to your expectations without a lot
of testing, and it doesn't sound like you have time without hiring a
Flash game expert.

I also believe that Flash can now speak to a joystick as well as the
keyboard. Can anyone confirm this?

Flash is a great way to quickly develop a prototype which may just
satisfy your client enough to move on to next round of financing.

---
Brandon Flowers
Creative Director // Designaxiom // www.designaxiom.com
Events Director // Flashinto // www.flashinto.com