[casual_games] Fullscreen vs. Windowed

Ron lists at rzweb.com
Mon Feb 20 14:35:32 EST 2006

This is something that has been bugging me for a while.  Just about
every Casual Game I download and publisher I talk to says the default
mode should be Fullscreen, not Windowed.

This doesn't make sense to me.  I would think that a Casual Game would
want to be played on the desktop, so other applications can be viewed
and responded to.

Is it really true that our audience wants games to run in Fullscreen, or
is this just a myth that keeps getting passed down from publisher to
publisher to developer to developer?

Does anyone have real data to support this?

Ron