[casual_games] Re: What is a Casual Game?

BRENT SILBY brent at def-logic.com
Fri Jan 6 14:08:39 EST 2006

True, the discussion has already been had but I don't remember any firm definition arising from the discussion. So there is nothing definitive to put into a FAQ. I guess someone could make a stipulation that "a casual game is defined as..." and put that into a FAQ, but many people will disagree.

Since we are calling ourselves producers of casual games, its nice to be able to offer a definition of casual games when people ask for one. That's why discussions like this are important. It helps us get clear what we are talking about. The fact that some people think Minesweeper is not a casual game is contrary to what many people think, but indicates that we do not yet have a firm definition.

Brent.
DEF-LOGIC VIDEOGAMES
www.def-logic.com

HOUSE MUSIC, DJ MIX