[casual_games] Top Download List

Colin Cardwell colin at 3rdsense.com
Sun Jan 15 23:52:39 EST 2006

Hi folks

I think this is what the industry needs and I'm happy to volunteer our
services to build this if required. The code base we have for MOG
(www.millionsofgames.com) goes a long way towards doing this and it may even
be appropriate for us to adapt MOG so that it becomes the chart. We are
already planning weekly charts for MOG anyway so it is not very difficult
for us to include some additional data about downloads and sales of games.

We would also need to allow sites to register and get access to an API which
we would provide, and they could then post both downloads and sales in real
time.

I'd even be happy to provide access to the data and the code to either the
Casual Games Association or the IGDA SIG so that the results can be audited
and remain 'independent'.

I guess the tough part would be to get the big portals on board.  This
really would be a good initiative as it would really help the industry to be
taken even more seriously.

I'm also happy to explore the development of 'play' monitoring tools too so
that we could also track how often a game was played and for how long. This
would need developers to buy in to that too, but I think it would be pretty
valuable for the industry.

I'd welcome any thoughts on this too.

Colin

Colin Cardwell - Director - 3RD sense Australia Pty Ltd
T. +61 (0) 2 9959 1008     M. +61 (0) 401 888 322
E. colin at 3rdsense.com    W. www.3rdsense.com

www.playaholics.com - play games and win stuff
www.chickstop.com - for girls who like to play
www.millionsofgames.com - source, save and share your favourite online games