[casual_games] Casual/Mobile Games and RIAA, MPAA

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Tue Jan 24 18:06:43 EST 2006

Hi John, I have a few questions.

1.  Does the music biz. really need a different product?  They are
losing retail sales due to the fact that whole albums at retail are no
longer as compelling but doesn't digital distribution cut down on their
costs and inventory risk?  Has iTunes meant more or less revenue for the
oft-reported beleagured music business.
2.  TV is moving into the iPod model - is this not an opportunity that
will lead to greater revenue and ad. opps?  I wasn't paying for Lost
before but can imagine paying $1.49 for a missed episode which is just
new money for them.
3.  I'm curious about your background - not an attack or anything, just
curious where you are coming from.

As a small player in the casual space, big brands are not a welcome
thing.  They are going to go to the larger players who will then
accumulate more of the pie which will then be shared out of the space
with the brand holders.  Maybe it will grow the space but I'm dubious.
Back in the NES/SNES days, I worked on a lot of branded games and the
schedules were usually truncated and not accomodating to game play.

In specifics, what do you think the big brands will offer Casual Games
that might lead to a greater user experience than casual games currently
offer and will evolve to offer?  Where is the cross-pollination going to
ocurr that actually gets the end user a new and more compelling
experience.  As I write this I'm thinking about the first time I heard
an audio tape story (Lonesome Dove) that actually offered more than a
print book due to a great performance by the reader.

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7