[casual_games] egipcian style on casual games

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Thu Jan 26 00:44:50 EST 2006

Several points I would make in response;

1) The US public is not very sophisticated or at least not very well
informed about the breadth of animation.  Many people still assume
animated=kids.  This makes using it as a style for a game targeted at adults
a risky proposition.

2) Older games were limited by the graphics they could display.  In
particular color depth.  This made cartoon style a good choice.

3) Themes tend to go in fads, much like game genres do.

4) Casual games biz defines the core users as considerably older than the
folks playing Capcom games in the heyday.