[casual_games] Copycats -- What Can Be Done?

Jamie Carlson jamiecarlson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:16:25 EDT 2006

>Given the budget casual games are developed on, even at Popcap,
>nearly any effect is likely to be sourced from a library.  So I'd
>give the Dynasty guys the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. But in this case the duplicate sound effects are used in the
exact same context, that was what spurred my disbelief.

If you're going to "slow down a train of colored balls" which is
undeniably similar to another game in your own genre, at least make a
new sound effect for it...  :-)

Pardon the interruption,
- Jamie