[casual_games] RE: Copycats -- What Can Be Done?

Colin Cardwell colin at 3rdsense.com
Wed Jul 19 20:03:56 EDT 2006

As a developer and publisher of games this is a subject close to my heart.

In recent article in my blog (www.thelittlegamer.com) I called for what is
certainly not a short term solution but probably the only one that will work
over time and have some teeth.

This industry needs an industry body. This may be the IGDA or the The Casual
Games Association, or another as yet defined. That organisation then needs
to develop a set of guidelines and standards for cloning/copying/etc. It
then needs the ability to condemn/kickout/blacklist individuals who don't
follow the guidelines.

Now I know this is going to take time and the organisation would need to be
credible and have all the big boys (and girls) as members, but this is the
route the industry should be taking IMHO.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Cardwell
The Person in Charge of Great Ideas