[casual_games] surprising stats about casual gaming

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Mon Jul 24 22:09:55 EDT 2006

I don't think the premise...

"People are playing short games for a long time."

entails that...

"The same people would enjoy longer games."

You would need another premise that says...

"Several short games in one session is equal to one long game."

I don't think that's true in most cases, but you might be right to seek out a
game design that would satisfy that criteria.

I believe your comment about saving games is valid. Nintendo has made many of
their DS and GBA games able to suspend simply by closing the clamshell. That has
really changed how easy it is to jump in and out of games which used to require
more commitment.

-austin

Austin Haas
Pet Tomato, Inc.