[casual_games] Casual Game with cute character

Kim Pallister kimpall at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 12 13:43:15 EDT 2006

I agree with Brent. I don't think there are any casual games (nor other
games) that are successful because of a cute character. I think there
are cute characters that are successful because they are recognizable
from good games.

Mario, Pacman, Sonic, Donkey Kong, all being examples. I guess Lara
Croft as well.

I guess a test for the PC casual market will be whether successful
titles that happen to have a character in them will over time see that
character become recognizable with the audience. Flo from Diner Dash,
for example.