[casual_games] Casual Game with cute character

william sweetman w.sweetman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 16:28:33 EDT 2006

Well look at a lot of Casual games, for the most part they are puzzle
games or simple action games.  I'm assuming that puzzle games are the
majority in this case and those are all about the game play.  I think
the game play is key even for non casual games.

 Like Kim mentioned look at tomb raider  the first one sold well
because it was new and exciting and the game play was good.  The
others really just banked on the Lara Croft image and i think they
suffered because of this.

What I'm getting at if you are trying to start a franchise or even
make memorable characters, your game needs to be extremely fun.  the
game play needs to be landed then get your characters down.  the fans
will love the characters because they will associate them with the fun
they had playing the game.
--
(billy)