[casual_games] Texture generator reiteration

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Wed Mar 15 16:53:55 EST 2006

I never found anything suitable for in-game texture generation, so I decided
to roll my own:

http://www.openblackbox.net

Texture synthesis and image processing is only a small part of its purpose,
though; it's meant to be a generic modular signal processing system, like
DirectShow but open source, x-platform (well, later) and simpler to write
modules for ("Boxes" in my system).

Filters and generators will always have a C# or Boo implementation, but
where it's possible there will also be a GPU version for performance enough
to do realtime stuff.

Progress won't be very quick, as I unfortunately have this day job writing
games... If you have any cool leftover HLSL shaders lying around, throw them
at me and things will certainly move faster.

/Jonas