[casual_games] Flash coming to the Sony PSP

Matthew Ford matthew at fordfam.com
Thu Mar 16 21:15:49 EST 2006

The PSP will be supporting the Flash format in the spring via download
upgrade. I think it's supporting Flash 6 with some AS2 extensions; this is
similar to the Flash version found on PocketPCs and other PDA devices. It is
far better than the "Flash Lite" version that is showing up on mobile
phones.

http://girlstoys.co.nz/?p=135#comments
It was announced at Playstation's Business Briefing in Tokyo that the PSP
will have a spring upgrade to include Macromedia Flash - awesome! I know it
is what lots of us have been waiting for

Photo of presentation slide:
http://www.psxextreme.com/screenshots/ps3_psbb/ps2_psbb_17.jpg

Related: Sony to release "a new PSP" in October (though it looks like a
repackage of the old one with some more build-in add-ins, including the
Flash software upgrade):
http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6050572.html?part=rss
<http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6050572.html?part=rss&tag=6050572&subj=new
s> &tag=6050572&subj=news