[casual_games] Flash coming to the Sony PSP

miikka.lyytikainen at aniway.fi miikka.lyytikainen at aniway.fi
Fri Mar 17 12:42:09 EST 2006

Matthew,

a comment to your post. You say that:

"I think it's supporting Flash 6 with some AS2 extensions; this is similar
to the Flash version found on PocketPCs and other PDA devices. It is far
better than the "Flash Lite" version that is showing up on mobile phones."

In my opinion, I do not agree that it is far better than Flash Lite 2.0
(better than 1.1? Absolutely.). Flash Lite 2.0 is based on Flash 7,
supporting Actionscript 2 (meaning object oriented programming, news to
awful lot of people thinking flash is no good for game development). Those
who have worked longer with Flash will confirm that Flash player 6 is not
efficient to work with (due to various bugs and limitations etc.), 7 & 8
(and 8.5) are a whole different ball game.

Anyways, Flash for PSP is good news, whatever the version :)

Cheers,
Miikka

Miikka Lyytikainen
CEO