[casual_games] gamelab :: changes

Christopher Natsuume natsuume at boomzap.com
Mon Mar 20 20:33:20 EST 2006

Actually, I wouldn't worry about it, for two reasons:

1) Game ideas w/o implementation aren't actually worth very much.

2) No publisher could afford to have a reputation for doing that - people
would stop bringing ideas to them.

The truth of the matter is, unless you have something really extra
super-duper up your sleeve, they've probably heard the same idea 20 times
before, or already thought of doing something like it themselves. They are
much more likely making decisions based on the quality of the team, the
portfolio of past products, and the work you have actually done to
implementation (concept art, tech demo, gameplay prototypes) than anything
else.

It's an old question, and interestingly enough there really aren't many
ideas of stolen ideas in the industry. Now *after* you have shipped a game,
if it hits, prepare to have everyone and their dog steal your ideas - and
there is little or nothing you can really do about it but come up with other
good ideas... But that's the fun part anyway! (grin)

Christopher Natsuume

Co-Founder

Boomzap Pte. Ltd.

  _____