[casual_games] Seeking development advice/partner - Surfing game engine

andrea helloandrea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:03:17 EST 2006

Hello -

I am serving as a PM for a casual game for some friends who are a bit
overworked at a small/growing NYC interactive agency.

I've been talking with a few remote developers in South America for a
surfing game concept we have for an "advergame" to promote a men's
consumer product..... for a few compelling reasons, the team would
prefer a local developer - NYC - we also have an rapidly approaching
delivery date - May 1.  The team has the budget to work with a Game
Dev shop or an agency, so I'd be happy to have conversations along
that route (my contact below)...

A few details:
+ The team likes this game - http://www.miniclip.com/surf.htm  (i am
not such a fan of this one, but i get what they like about it - would
love to see other surf games if anyone has examples)
+ The team will create all art assets and develop new assets as
dictated by the developer's needs...
+ I am responsible for game concept and basic narrative, but open to
divergent solutions when/if there are development constraints
+ The developer would be responsible for the game engine and the
actual 'physics' and 'motion' of the game

Ultimately we need a strong developer to helps us to make this happen...

A little backstory on me - I've been consulting as the "Digital Media
Recruiter" over at MTV Networks for the past 2 years - and I have a
background in interactive development -
concept/strat/product-design...when I get tired of reading resumes and
merely talking about projects, I moonlight making (or trying to make)
clever digital products...

Please drop me a note if you have suggestions or would like to work on
this project...

best,
Andrea Lewis
cell: 646-549-3049