[casual_games] Tools

Ryan Sumo endlessthirteen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 17:37:06 EST 2006

I was doing a crapload of research online,and I ran across what I felt should have been an obvious choice for doing research, and I'm still kicking myself for taking this long to find it.

  http://www.igda.org/casual/quarterly/1_1/casual.php

  This issue delves into the technologies the better knwn companies use, the next issue is about the business side of things, while the issue prior to this is about the casual gamer demographic.  Hope it helps.

  Cheers.

Kenton White <k.white at i2learning.com> wrote:
  One more lightweight tool that is very handy is a short glossary of terms
(or an "internal ontology" as one more academic colleague called it). On my
first project we ignored this and found that the designer, programmer,
writer, and artist all had different definitions of what "level" meant. On
the better days this led to unexpected humor during team meetings; on the
worst days it led to wasted effort and frustrated people.

Kenton