[casual_games] Just one more startup question, for the publishers now.

Ryan Sumo endlessthirteen at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 22:21:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

  First off, thanks to everyone who replied to my first call for help.

  I have another question that may be a bit more sensitive this time.  I want to make casual games for the love of making games, but as we all know, everyone needs to make a living.

  On that point, I was wondering if the publishers on the list would be willing to give me a general idea of what kind of revenue models they offer to studios whose games they publish.  I'm hoping to get some kind of numbers, like how much do you pay up front, what percentage are the royalties, etc.  They don't have to be definite, but I really do need some numbers to work with so I can put together a proper risk analysis and business plan.  I know I'm being anal, but there.

  Of course I'd respect the privacy of the publishers, and will not reveal any information they deem sensitive.

  Just email me privately if you think you can help out.  Thanks a lot again!

  Ryan Sumo