[casual_games] Casual Games audience hardware survey ?

Kenton White k.white at i2learning.com
Thu May 4 08:50:50 EDT 2006

Hi Jonas,

I think this is a good idea.  Before I could use such a tool I would need to
have some questions answered about privacy issues.

Under most laws if I collect information from an end user, I must tell them
in my privacy policy what information I am collecting and what I plan to do
with it.  If a user doesn't wish to send the information I must give them
the option to opt out.

Using this tool, how could I let a user opt out of sending the information?

If the information is collected at a centralized server, I would need the
privacy policy for that site as well.  And if the use of the information was
changed, I would potentially need to update all of the people who visited my
site with the new use and give them the option to opt out at that point.
Could the centralized server allow me to remove people?

For me at least, it's not an issue of not wanting to let people know the
traffic to my site, it's the issue of being compliant with many different
laws when I collect personal information.

Kenton