[casual_games] A little humor on a Friday

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Sat May 6 08:44:03 EDT 2006

Seems to me the real problem is deciding when to
just pull the plug and have someone else do the
work.  References can help a little, but they are
not going to give you their ddsappointed customers as references anyway.

It's just a tough situation.

Tom B

At 07:39 PM 5/5/2006, you wrote:
>There are lots of projects where stuff is added
>and it was not planned at first. There are lots
>of projects where you are working and suddenly
>deadline change for x reason.. There are a lot
>of people who can just say 'no' and there also a
>lot of people who wish to make the customer
>happy and won't refuse, and instead will want to
>add the most of his own to have a better project.
>
>If this company have agreed to deliver at some
>date, it is theirs responsability to do it, I
>guess that very few people would say yes from
>advance to something that they know they won't
>be able to do, at least honest people.
>
>But the problem here is that if you hire
>somebody, you should trust them, and think that
>they're working at their best.. Otherwise you
>won't succeed if you think that all the world is
>against you. Thinking that they won't to do the
>best for you, means that if you tell them that
>they're exceding the time, won't help at all
>because they obviously are aware of that.
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabriel Gambetta" <mystml at adinet.com.uy>
>Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 7:30 PM
>Subject: Re: [casual_games] A little humor on a Friday
>

>>        El vie, 05-05-2006 a las 14:05 -0300, Nicolás Vinacur escribió:
>>        You chose your team for the project. There
>>        must be people that work faster,
>> perhaps more expensive. The possiblity
>>        exist that they're working with their
>> best intention but can't achieve your
>>        objectives because they simply don't qualify for your expectations.
>>
>>Offering your services to perform a task you know you're not qualified
>>to perform in the available time isn't the best thing to do especially
>>for a company that is trying to establish itself.
>>
>>And I definitely wouldn't count doing that as "working with their best
>>intention" - your customer may have hard deadlines to meet and he's
>>counting on you. You don't know, so you must meet the deadlines no
>>matter what. Entering a project knowing you won't be able to meet them
>>is irresponsible to say the least.
>>
>>--Gabriel

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street
Suite 2100 - Brickell Bayview Center
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
Toll Free 888-848-GLAW
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If
you do not expect such a communication from
Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this message
without reading it or any attachment, and then
notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.