[casual_games] Seattle/Bellevue game designers?

Andrew Chen voodoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:39:29 EST 2006

John,

Funny, someone else just sent me that site as an example :)

I think there are a couple other common examples of game mechanics applied
to non-games. For stuff that's closer to games, obviously advergaming,
America's Army, and Brain Age type stuff might fit. Some forms of
edu-tainment fit in, like Yourself Fitness, a yoga program:
http://www.yourselffitness.com/. Then at the extreme, more web than game,
it's interesting to see a site like Digg which has a "scoring" system and a
leaderboard of people whose stuff got dugg often (http://digg.com/topusers),
or Yahoo Answers which has a point system to try and facilitate questions
and answers in a social web app.

Anyway, it's an interesting area that requires simple game mechanics but
might be able to take the vision of game design into a much broader market
and audience.

Andrew