[casual_games] FAQ: How much money will my game make?

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Tue Nov 21 10:56:39 EST 2006

Great points FS. Bringing it back to what we would include in the FAQ then:

There really is no right answer to this question. Some of the most
important differentiators are: What type of game is it? Is it a unique
game, or an iteration on existing mechanics? What is the sell-point?
Does it have good production values? How fun is the game?

That said, what are some general revenue numbers that could be
achieved? My thoughts are that a well-produced game, that iterates on
existing gameplay and gets onto the top 10 for a couple weeks will
generate about $100,000 - $200,000 in total sales. That revenue will
then be split across all the portal and distribution partners with
10-35% ending up back to the developer.

Does that seem like a reasonable enough answer?

--
Brian Robbins
Executive Producer and Gaming Evangelist