[casual_games] Casual games on Mac

Michael Tretyakov sugargames at sugargames.com
Thu Nov 23 23:11:06 EST 2006

Hi all,

> Has someone some information on how big it's the casual games

> market on Mac?

I think that Mac market much less then Windows market. Our
experience confirms this.
Our game Rainbow Web was released in autumn 2005 for Windows, and we
ported it to Mac in July 2006. Right now Mac sales are only 4-5% of all
sales.
But 90% of Mac sales we got from our own website in contrast to
Windows version. So, if takes only sales from our site, Mac\Windows ratio is
30%\70%.

For indie developers it is much more easily to sell games to Mac
users directly.

Sincerely,
Michael Tretyakov
Sugar Games http://www.SugarGames.com/