[casual_games] FAQs: Casual Games vs. Casual Gamers

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Fri Nov 24 17:00:43 EST 2006

Michelle, that's great insight and of course leads to one of the
biggest issues with trying to do something like this. To a large
extent casual games are impossible to define. We have struggled with
this for years when working on the white papers, and no matter what
definition we come up with, there are examples and edge cases that
invalidate it.

My personal thought is that defining casual games in terms of their
typical player is the most accurate, but there's still lots of
problems with that.

As such there's a bit of a cop-out answer on the FAQ :)
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Casual_Games_List_FAQ

--
Brian Robbins
Executive Producer and Gaming Evangelist