[casual_games] Better Casual Game Business Models

Olmert, Shaul Shaulmert at nick.com
Wed Oct 25 13:11:49 EDT 2006

Speaking from our experience in the kids' games space, I'd say that I
doubt it if indeed such a large percentage of casual games purchases are
being made for kids. Kids are not typically big fans of Mahjong and
match-3 puzzles and so I dare to assume that most people buy these games
for themselves.
nevertheless, the "kids without credit cards" audience is a great
market. Kids love games (yes, games are not entirely owned by older
female audience...) and when you offer them kids' targeted content, they
find a way to get their parent to buy it, just like they do with toys,
apparel and every other consumer product.  The fact is that casual game
portals don't offer a meaningful portfolio of kids' titles. however in
our experience whenever we released kids' titles for the casual games
market such as SpongeBob diner Dash, it had a great pickup with both
kids and their parents.