[casual_games] Recording videos from my game

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Tue Apr 3 22:14:29 EDT 2007

Depending on exactly what you're using it for, I've actually had
fairly good success with running the game on a machine with a TV
output (this is becoming more standard on video cards these days). We
took the S-Video out from the video card, and ran it into a relatively
inexpensive (~$100) USB TV input box on another machine.

I know we had to play around with things a bit to get the audio, but
that's because we were trying to get the audio to play for the user
and capture it. If you don't care about hearing the audio while you're
playing you can just feed that into the TV capture box as well.

This won't give you full 800x600 resolution, but it's more than good
enough for your standard YouTube promo video.

-Brian

--
Brian Robbins
Executive Producer and Gaming Evangelist