[casual_games] casual MMOG: help needed with business assumptions

John Szeder john at mofactor.com
Tue Apr 17 12:09:42 EDT 2007

Every single assumption here is flat out wrong in some fashion.

The two I will address due to domain expertise is size of the application
and development budget.

Assume a 1MB install foot print for the phone in order to be successfully
picked up on sufficient mass market phones in order to get it out to enough
users to be relevant to the casual audience.

Also, you should chop your development budget to $1.5M. Support costs are
about right.

I did an informal study of people (informal meaning in my head) who have
mobile phones and 100% of them have not had the same mobile phone for 10
years. So you will need to plan to roll your application forward onto new
handsets. That is probably the most important thing you will need to
consider.