[casual_games] What engine are you using?

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Tue Feb 6 18:03:40 EST 2007

> Anyone else

> using XNA? Anyone found any big problems?

Currently, I'd say the pixel shader requirement and the fixed build-step
content pipeline are my major gripes, plus the large .NET runtime.
Mono.Xna, and maybe the next release of MS XNA will solve these problems
(at least partly), but for now I don't think it's a mature tech for
commercial games with a wide audience. It will be, just can't say when.
Haven't kept up with the MSDN community lately though, people are very
active there and they just may have found ways to circumvent some of the
limitations.

/Jonas