[casual_games] Macromedia Director...

Margaret Wallace margaret at rebelmonkey.com
Tue Feb 13 08:36:19 EST 2007

Director seems to work ok for certain kinds of games (e.g., certain puzzle
games) but not for games where you need lots of action or performance or
super-fancy particle effects. I'd imagine there are also probably a bunch of
compatability issues with Vista that have popped up with Director-based
games.

Using Director makes it infinitely easier to create a web version of your
game -- but for anything else (such as porting to XBLA), you'll have to
re-code from scratch.

Even though I come from a Director background, I will probably not use it
for future games. If a newer version of Director comes out that fixes
certain problems and is updated to current standards of expected game
performace, I'll consider using Director again but not for the short-term.