[casual_games] New Casual Games Quarterly is live!

Wade Tinney wade at largeanimal.com
Sat Feb 17 16:49:14 EST 2007

Greetings-

The new issue of the Casual Games Quarterly is now live. Special thanks to
my co-editors Jason Akel and James Smith, and to all the folks who
contributed to this issue. Check it out:

"We've got another great collection of articles in this Winter 2007 issue of
the IGDA Casual Games Quarterly. Rob Carroll gets to the bottom of all the
Vista questions in an interview with Microsoft's Kim Pallister. PopCap's
Tysen Henderson and Jeff Weinstein take us behind the scenes of Bookworm
Adventures. Funkitron's Dave Walls turns in an excellent post-mortem on
Slingo Quest. Jason Akel contributes another informative interview from the
DRM world, this time with Softwrap's Richard Wienburg. Steven Davis explores
security issues related to online games. Kane Minkus breaks down the terms
and processes of game sound designers and composers. Finally, James Smith
returns with more useful highlights from the past quarter's worth of market
data."

http://www.igda.org/casual/quarterly/2_2

Cheers!

Wade

p.s. Note that we still don't have a PDF version of the Quarterly up. Who
was it on this list that worked their PDF magic last time around?

Wade Tinney
partner, game designer
Large Animal Games, nyc
http://www.largeanimal.com