[casual_games] slamdance competition

Jeff Murray jmurray at fuelindustries.com
Wed Jan 10 11:43:05 EST 2007

So, a September 11 Flight Simulator would "[deepen and refine] the
understanding" of terrorism? I couldn't disagree more with the logic
behind that.

Let's face it, art can be pretty much any old crap you have lying around
just as long as you can justify it with an intellectual reasoning - and
it's usually the bad artists that get the most publicity by using dead
things cut in half to pass off as something 'thought provoking' to the
other pseudo intellectuals. Oh goody a 'what is art' conversation! ;)

This argument about 'slamdance don't respect our art' is coming from
developers having that 'starving artist nobody appreciates me'
mentality. Slamdance pulled it because the game concept and
sensationalist schlock title was offensive to anyone with a soul.
Nothing more. Had Danny made a game that dealt with the subject properly
instead of going for schlock value, I'd give him respect.

You can't name a game like that and then turn around and try to justify
it as art when you get your ass kicked out of a competition!

JeffM.