[casual_games] Slamdance

Kim Pallister kimpall at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 11 19:34:47 EST 2007

> Despite Hotcoffee, despite SCRPG!,

despite whatever Jack Thomson throws at us games are going to continue to
grow in mainstream acceptance.

Probably similar to what Comic artists in the 50's thought, until regulation of their industry plunged it into 30 year drought of monotony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

Same goes for films and the MPAA.

Which is just the reason that the industry is trying to take a proactive role in regulating itself. More to the point, its why many are trying to ensure it's perception as legitimate art - exactly why I tip my hat to Jon and the other 'withdrawees' for taking a stand.