[casual_games] More good news on Vista!

James C. Smith james at reflexive.net
Thu Jan 25 11:47:15 EST 2007

What happens what a game is "broken"? Are the games completely unplayable?
Or are save games lost? Or are there just extra pop-up messages warning
about running in compatibility mode? Is it only "broken" if you are running
as a limited user or with parental controls enables? In other words, can
the "brokenness" be avoided by changing user behavior? Can the user right
click on the game and force it to run in compatibility mode? Does this fix
it?

This is not black and white. Everything is not either "broken" or working.
If you want to get my attention you will need to tell me in what way it is
"broken."

You do a great job of pointing out every problem you can find. Did you find
anything good you could report? Are there some portals that use DRM that
isn't "broken"?

Do games downloaded form PopCap or WildGames or ArcadeTown or Reflexive
work?

Don't get me wrong. I believe there are some real problems that do need to
be addressed. Trying to "change user behavior" to "avoid the brokenness " is
not a solution. But I want to put into proper perspective exactly how bad
the situation is.

James C. Smith

<http://www.game>