[casual_games] More good news on Vista!

Arthur Humphrey nospam1 at ldw.com
Thu Jan 25 12:32:33 EST 2007

Our games broke in XP LUA, and ran well in Vista. On XP LUA our users were
prevented from saving their games in Program Files and so the game broke,
while on Vista a handle was created in Program Files and the saves were
automatically created in the correct users directory. One point for Vista,
I guess.

Still we have gone ahead and changed it so our games save correctly into
the user's path on all operating systems. Now we are already getting
complaints from testers who liked to bring our games (and the game
progress) back and forth to work on a jumpdrive. Some just used to keep the
game on that jumpdrive at all times. This is no longer convenient for them
with the new savegame paths.

Arthur