[casual_games] Calling all iPhone geeks

Chris Dillman chrisd at plaidworld.com
Sun Jul 22 15:26:47 EDT 2007

>I went out and bought an iPhone at an Apple store. It was really

>painless (didn't even mind the bill). They let you test out every

>feature in the store; I even placed a call and tried the speaker

>phone. When I got home, I got it set up through iTunes and switched

>from my current AT&T plan to the default one (you don't have any

>choice, really). It was all really easy.

>So now that my phone's all set up and working perfectly, I want to

>know what other people have done with their iphones. I can't afford

>to take mine apart O_o but I'd really like to know what kind of

>software folks are already engineering for it. Any cool downloads

>or promised software on the horizon? Anybody have some great links

>to share?

1. no 3rd party software yet out side of web application.
2. there are some simple web based games... no flash support :(

3. people are hard at work hacking the iphone to get REAL apps on it...

Progress wiki etc..
http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It says someone now has hello world working on it :)

As soon as someone gets SDL on it Im sooo there :)

--
Plaid World Studios http://www.plaidworld.com
BANG 2D game engine's blog http://www.bang2d.com

Email: chrisd at plaidworld.com